The Hottie Challenge is back for 2013!
In case you may not remember it from 2011...
The aim of the challenge is to make a hottie cover, which will be exhibited in the gallery space at Open Drawer Art Textiles and Learning Centre from Friday July 5th, with a grand opening on Sunday July 7th from 2-4PM.
The finished hotties are donated to the Margaret Pratt Foundation, so that they may be sold to raise funds.
The Margaret Pratt Foundation Heart Lung Transplant Trust is a registered charity whose aim is to encourage, develop and maintain Australia’s world class expertise in the field of organ transplantation by supporting research that addresses the problems faced by children and adults after heart and lung transplant.
The aim of the research must be to improve the outcomes for heart and lung transplant recipients.
The Margaret Pratt Foundation has donated $850,000 to date to promote research into the causes and prevention of chronic lung rejection.
The foundation provides funds for the researchers working at the Alfred Hospital, right here in Melbourne.
You can create a Hottie Cover using any art or textile technique that takes your fancy.
It doesn't need to be a functional cover!
The rules and regulations:
- Entry fee: $5.00 – this covers hottie template, postage & advertising costs, with any surplus going to MPF.
- The photocopied template enclosed in your kit should be used as a guide for size. We will not be measuring so near enough will be good enough.
- Group entries will be accepted and encouraged.
- Age is no barrier.
- The Only Rule: The cardboard template must be used, it can be covered and/or coloured but should be within your cover, the neck hole must be kept open as this is how your Hottie will be displayed.
- The finished entry is to be donated to the MPF for sale.
- All entries will be displayed in Opendrawer’s Gallery from Friday July 5th to Sunday July 28th, 2013
- Finished entries must arrive at Opendrawer no later than Friday June 23rd 2013. Please makesure your entry is clearly marked with your name and a short description of your masterpiece.
- There will be a public vote for the best Hottie Cover and the winner will receive an awesome trophy and much adulation.
- We will have a gala opening on Sunday July 7th from 2 - 4PM
*** I will need to receive the Hotties by Friday June 21st, so that I can deliver them in person on the 22nd.
There's a Flickr Group for everyone to add their pics, and I will feature all of our lovely Hottie creations on the blog!
Of course, please take the button and pop it on your blog too (feel free to save the image above), or use this html code:
a href="http://curlypops.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/2013-hottie-challenge.html" img src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8535/8621439154_52f35b1fd0_o.jpg" /
If you would like to play along, all you need to do is add your name to this linky list, and then email me your snail mail address mscurlypops (at) gmail (dot) com . I will email you a Paypal invoice for the $5 entry fee and pop a kit in the mail for you.
Last time we had 63 entries via the blog, and I'm really hoping that we can beat that record this year!