Sunday, April 19, 2009

Eye Spy..... a magic elixir

Such a fabulous theme today! I could show you my medicine box full of magic tricks, but I much prefer to eat my troubles away (where possible)....


If I'm feeling under the weather (especially around cold and flu season), then there's nothing better than my magic chicken and vegie soup. The only problem is that it needs to be pre-made and in the freezer already, because if I'm sick, then I'm definitely not going to have the energy to actually make it!

Which is why there is a back up plan....
If all else fails, then instant chicken noodle soup and a packet of plain potato chips usually does the trick. These are two staples which must be in the pantry at all times.

For general wellbeing and happiness, I recommend keeping a stash of magic chocolate elixirs in the cupboard. You can never be too sure about when you might have an emergency chocolate craving.

To wash down all of the sugar and fat and salt, I always keep a good supply of coffee, tea, and most importantly.... raspberry cordial!
I'm sure there's a very good reason why most people try to keep their kiddies away from red food colouring. It works wonders for me, peps me up every time. Who needs alcohol when you have raspberry cordial on hand?

Thankyou Amy for this weeks funny theme. Head on over and say hi to Cindy to play along.

PS - Check out the magical Mars Bar Cheesecake over at Selina's Vintage and enter her giveaway.

17 comments:

Christy Amular said...

Ooohhh a caramello, yum!! get well soon!

PaisleyJade said...

Hope you are feeling better soon... those chocolate bars wouldn't last a day in our house... self control is a bit of a problem when it comes to chocolate!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

All sounds good to me. Except I'm trying not to keep a health and wellbeing stash in the house just now. However, I've substituted with crumpets, milo and yoghurt which all do the job quite well.

Chrisy said...

The soup looks delish...and smiths potato chips will brighten up any meal!

Rachael said...

Crisps are like the sliver lining... Cute collection of treats - I love a good dose of chocolate!

Selina said...

that soup recipe looks super easy, I'll have to give it a go! and chocolate, definately a magic elixir!

oh, and thanks for mentioning my giveaway!!

Crafty Things said...

Yummmmmmmmmmy! A stash of chocolate wouldn't last long in my cupboard. I love raspberry cordial - particularly Cascade raspberry cordial.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

All great elixirs if you ask me! Especially the chocolate one! Mind you, I can't keep them in my cupboard because they don't last very long if I do....

Oh and you know what goes best with rasberry cordial - vodka and lemonade! Give me a fire-engine any day (well, when I'm no longer pregnant that is).

Cass said...

Cam that is a great stash of chocolates

handmaiden said...

I cant survive without chocolate but would be so tempted if i had yr stash

Beck said...

Hope you are on the mend, thanks for the soup tip too. I like your thinking in regards to a well stocked pantry, problem is there are a few little (and big) rascals round these parts who seem to snaffle my stash. And I don't mean the mice...! (Is it just our house or is there a mouse plague at the moment??)

Missie Krissie said...

Lol, u're funny Cam. I absolutely agree about the chicken soup! Actually I agree with everything, all should be there when called for!

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh candy! :p I have a horrible sweet tooth

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Raspberry Cordial, I have always wanted to try some since I saw Anne of Green Gables as a kid. I watch it now with my girls. I should try to find some.

Swirlyarts said...

Your soup looks delicious - we like soup in this house :)

Stacey said...

Sorry you're under the weather.
Red cordial will surely do the trick. I love green cordial. We go through gallons of it in our house, even though I don't let the kids have much more than a small cup a day.

sarah said...

ooh, I love the thought of all your elixirs! Well, except the coffee. But everything else, yum!