Sunday, June 19, 2011

Featured Hottie Number 12

Hottie Challenge

It's such a glorious sunny morning here in Melbourne - perfect to show off a bit of Hottie Art!

This stunning piece is by Jennie from A Little Vintage. I don't know whether you can tell from the photo, but it's all been created by thread sketching. There's probably millions of teeny tiny little stitches.

Close up face of Hottie Challenge

She's also used my favourite colour combo to create those gorgeous flowers.

I've wanted to try thread sketching for the longest time..... so I'm sure you can guess what's on my list for a lazy Sunday?

Thanks so much Jennie!

The homepage of The Hottie Challenge - lots more in the Flickr Group

15 comments:

Andi said...

Stunning!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Wow - that is so amazing!! I am loving how different artists have approached the hottie challenge - such a fun idea and for such a great cause.

Tania said...

Now this one is SUCH a doozy!

Stomper Girl said...

Gorgeous.

Lyndel said...

oh fantastic !!! I can't wait for the exhibition♥

Makeminemidcentury said...

That's beautiful! I recoginsed the face as being one of Jennie's straight away. I have loved watching her creativity and sewing ability spread into different areas during the time I've followed her blog.

Beky said...

That is truly amazing work. Even my husband commented on it.:-)

Jennie said...

Its alot of fun Cam!
The biggest decision is what to draw!!xx

Carly Findlay said...

This is stunning :)

Kelly Casanova said...

Wow, that is totally stunning!

Unknown said...

Goodness that is beautiful, dee x

trudi@maudeandme said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!

Ady said...

Wow - this is amazing. I have never heard of thread sketching. What a beautiful result.

Mistea said...

I am in awe of this technique - this looks amazing.
Hope you had fun thread sketching today.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh yes, i agree, STUNNING & dare i suggest 'sexy' if that is possible for a hot water bottle which is up there with bed socks, love Posie