Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rolling along - part one


There's been quite a lot of little bits of crafting going on around here lately. Jumping from one project to another before finishing the first one has become 'the norm', hence all the blog posting in parts!


So this is part one of the latest request from one of my girlfriends. She needs a texta roll each for her niece and nephew, with twenty pockets for textas.

I'd never used my own fabric designs for these before, but just look at how perfect they are for the job.....


....you just stitch along the lines.

Next texta roll coming soon...

14 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

I love your rolls! It reminds me that I need to make something like it for my color pencils =-)

I also love that you are using your own textile designs!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

There is a certina amount of satisfaction that comes from sewing with your own designs methinks. Nice work Cam.

Marg said...

That looks fabulous Cam, and your fabric IS perfect for the job.

trudi@maudeandme said...

Yor work is always so impressive! Just lovely.

willywagtail said...

Haha. Love it when it all falls into place like that. Cherrie

LionessLady said...

This looks fantastic! I am about to attempt something similar for a friends little boy's birthday - for matchbox cars! Just need to find an easy beginners pattern! :-)

RACHAEL said...

Love the roll! Good choice of fabrics - I wish I could sew lately. I was hand sewing a costume last night...very time staking work.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Gorgeous Cam. Your fabric is perfect.

Cindy said...

Fantastic. That stitching is just perfect too1

Kylie said...

Wow! It looks amazing with your little dragsters. I really need to try making one... where was that issue of homespun?? :]

Kylie said...

I forgot to add that the pincord is a really great idea. Adds a nice texture... and of course I love that colour.

Unknown said...

Thats really lovely, dee x

Jennifer Rose said...

those colours go great with each other :D

Tas said...

Seriously- that fabric was made for it!