Monday, November 8, 2010

Testing for Shopping


I thought it would be fun to get my sister to test out Nikki's new Shopping Bag. The pattern is for beginner sewers (so unfortunately I couldn't test it myself).

I could have saved myself a lot of trial and even more error, if I'd begun my bag making career with a pattern like this years ago!

The instructions explain all the basics of sewing, with lots of diagrams and photos, so that they're super easy for beginners to follow along with.

This would also be perfect for experienced sewers - everyone has fabric in the stash that could be used for something like this - quick and easy! Fold it up and pop it in your handbag and you'll never have to bring home a plastic bag from the shops ever again.

This one is going to be the perfect accompaniment to something else.... but I'll explain more about that later

PS - I'm pretty sure that the pattern will be available for purchase later this week.
PPS - There's another lovely test version here at Foxs Lane!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Great work by your beginner-sister. And did she choose the fabric...? VERY CURLYPOPS!!!

willywagtail said...

I really heart the stripiness of the fabric with that amazing print in the middle. Quite a sophistacated shopping bag I think. Cherrie

our shabby cottage said...

Very nice! Love the colours in this bag.

Clare said...

Ooooh I love it! The pattern is gorgeous.

Kate said...

I'm with Nikki, I think the sister bag is very Curly Pops looking too.
Looks great! your sister must be thrilled with herself.

Karin van D. said...

What a fun bag. Love those colours and print!

Vireya said...

Looks great!

Funnily enough, I used the same fabric to test the other of Nikki's new patterns this week. There's a picture on my Sunday blog post.

Robyn said...

Love the fabric - definately more distinctive than the ugly old green bags!