Friday, November 13, 2009

Make and repeat







Yet another handbag finished.

This isn't actually part of the Vintage Girly collection - I'm just whipping up lots of different colours and shapes and sizes for the upcoming markets.


I've been drawn to lots of different shades of green lately. I'm finding it quite strange as I've never ever liked green before. Maybe it's the soothing calming nature of green that's drawing me in.... maybe I need some soothing and calming before the craziness of the Christmas market season kicks into full gear!

In case you haven't had a chance to check out my market dates on the sidebar:

Kris Kringle Night Market - Northcote Town Hall - Thurs 26th Nov 5.30 - 10 PM
Daylesford Makers Market - Daylesford Town Hall - Sat 28th Nov 10 AM - 3 PM
Kris Kringle Night Market - Northcote Town Hall - Thurs 3rd Dec 5.30 - 10 PM
Kris Kringle Night Market - Northcote Town Hall - Thurs 10th Dec 5.30 - 10 PM
Made'n'Thornbury Market - 99 Leinster Grove Thornbury - Sat 12th Dec 10 AM - 3 PM
Kris Kringle Night Market - Northcote Town Hall - Thurs 17th Dec 5.30 - 10 PM

22 comments:

bubbachenille said...

Good lord girl, you must have clones of yourself hidden away to get through all these markets !

yardage girl said...

Traditionally a red girl, I'm into green at the moement too. Like the fabric combo on your bag. That is a lot of markets - will hopefully see you in Daylesford!

willywagtail said...

The shape is great. Love the way you have added the pleats. Green is a bit like yellow - it helps to enliven things. Cherrie

Becky said...

Lots of markets to keep you busy! I think you should sell that bag to me instead of keeping it for market stock, I love those greens!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

That is quite a list of markets Cam! Love the green bag - I seem to be drawn more to green and yellow lately too!

Cindy said...

What a sweet bag design - wish i could just 'whip up' a bag...

RACHAEL said...

Wow looks like you'll be busy for some time to come with all those markets.

The Creative Beast said...

ahhh, the healing properties of green, not to mention it symbolizes PROSPERITY, which you are obviously working toward with all those markets you are participating in!

"GO CurlyPops, GO CurlyPops, GO CurlyPops"!! WOOT - WOOT!! ;)

BTW: love the mix of hue and pattern here =-)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I have been getting into green since I had a request for a green softie recently now I am seeing so much green fabric I like.... it seems to be everywhere...

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh love the spotted fabric :D

Lauren said...

You're going to be a busy bee! I'll have to try and pop into the Northcote one sometime :-)

PaisleyJade said...

I love it! Green is growing on me too. You are going to be a super busy girl in the next months... all the best!

Me and My 4 Fellas said...

You are one amazing chicky babe....
Loving the green bag...not a green type of girl, but I could do that!

Liesa

banban said...

I'm loving them!

MiM said...

gorgeous bags, loving the green :)

Grace Garton said...

go go Super Pops!!
It's Greeeeeen!! I love it, my favorite color. Has been for the last few years!
Wow what an itinerary!
I'm only doing one and feeling little panic attacks!
Back to the sewing station for me...no more playing:(
cheers!!

Tania said...

Holy Moly! Will you be able to sleep between now and Christmas? See you on the 26th...

Vic said...

I quite like that green bag also - which IS odd because green, well, it's never really tickled my fancy.
I made a button bracelet last week for a friend, and it was green, and it looked quite nice when it was done... so, I may be adventuring further into green territority soon....!

Good luck for all your markets - WOW - how many clones do you have, exactly...?!

Mookah Studio said...

How am I supposed to get to any of those markets when i'm always at markets myself?

Betty Jo said...

We are a bit matchy matchy with our posts today. See you tomorrow, and at least two of those market thingies.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh... very pretty!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Oh, I love it... super cute!