Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shopping.... who me???


To cheer myself up the other day, I decided to a little bit of online shopping therapy.

I bought this lovely vinyl wall decal from What Katy Did. The same lovely Katy who designed my fabulous new blog header.

I'm going to install it on my glass sliding door so that I have a nice view of cherry blossoms from the kitchen, instead of a fence, and the neighbours clothesline (one of the many joys of suburbia)!

If you read my blog, then you've probaby noticed that I have a bit of an obsession with adding snaps to many of my projects (I've even managed to incorporate some into my quilt square).

Carmel from Solomon Sewing alerted me to the fact that Snaps Australia is having a huge 40% off sale, and there's also a free shipping deal, so I bought myself a snap press, both sizes of dies and hundreds of snaps!

Oh and I also bought myself one of these extremely funky Finki Art Pendant / Brooches at the Made'n'Thornbury Market a couple of weeks ago. I just couldn't resist the flying ducks. There's plenty more in the Finki Shop.

Now I'm all shopped out!

11 comments:

Christy Amular said...

Ooooh these are great shopping finds! That snap press is just a awesome investment too.

bec said...

Hmm, next time I recover a rpam, i'm at yours! Hope you're sitting and fondling it haha. Couldn't make it to the oppy for Myer stuff, broke-a-sauras! But trying to work out where I could a decal, I want one! Are we on for Thursday?

Selina said...

Love the decal! And the new header. Getting into the spring spirit!!

Kylie Bowers said...

Looks like you scored well! Nothing like a little bit of shopping ;)

daylesford organics said...

That decal is lovely and that snaps press looks like it might change your life.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's a great bunch on shopping! I'm trying to decide which design of Katy's I want for the little one's room and I love that brooch!

Jennifer Rose said...

that vinyl is gorgeous, would look wonderful in a room with a few bonsai trees

Nikki said...

I'm SO tempted by that snap press.......

But I just did a spot on online book shopping. Oops.

Miss Muggins said...

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy, I say!

Kat said...

That is a very nice bit of shopping you did there. All these people shopping on the net is making me want to buy stuff. Unfortunately I just lost my job so I will not be shopping it up for a little while.

Katy said...

ooo how lovely! I went to the post office on the way to the pub on Friday but the parcel was too long for the post box! I looked like a goose infront of all the people at a cafe next to the post box trying to fit this parcel in :-) Am popping down to the post box tomorrow instead!