Friday, April 3, 2009

Some well deserved thankyous

I've been a little bit slack lately with showing and telling about all of the lovely things that arrived in the mail lately.

I'm still in that 'grey fuzzy not quite homely' state - which when translated, means that I keep moving furniture around because I haven't worked out the perfect home for every piece just yet.

To facilitate the constant moving of furniture, I completely stopped unpacking boxes (figuring that the less I put away, the less heavy the abovementioned pieces of furniture will be when I move them).

Yesterday, I actually managed to take some photos to play show and tell.

To begin - the lovely Miriam from BubbaChenille sent me some gorgeous teatowels. They've been washed and ironed and ready to be transformed. This is just one of them.

I won a giveaway over on Kat's Creations last week. I have a bit of a beret obsession, and now that it's coming up to colder months, this will be absolutely perfect! Thanks Kat. It's more grey in real life but I don't have the good camera at the moment so everything is being washed out by the flash.

I received some more lovely tea towels in the mail from Jodie at Ric Rac with some sweet little selvedge key rings and a gorgeous card.

I have made myself a new little spot in the craft space for the selvedge collection just for Jodie!

Now onto some craft shopping - I couldn't resist this gorgeous bag from Cass at Snailblazer.
I have two boxes of handbags that are yet to be unpacked but I just had to have this one too!


I'm trying to stick with handmade for birthday pressies this year so I picked up these cute little ribbon streamers from Silly Gilly. These are for a friends daughter who will be turning three in May. I actually want to put them on and run around the garden myself (you'll be happy to know that I resisted the urge).

10 comments:

bubbachenille said...

You are very welcome ! One womans trash is another womans treasures don't you think?
Happy furniture moving..

Casey said...

nice stuff! I have a bag of selvedges that I'm saving to send to Jodie too :) I wish I had some cute tea towels to send to you! I keep my open when I'm out but so far I haven't found anything

Melanie said...

those streamers look like so much fun. enjoy the easter break. Hopefully it will give you some spare time to find permanent slots for your furniture.
(yes I know, spare time, what is that ? lol)

Jennifer Rose said...

I would not have been able to resist running around with those ribbons lol :D

Kat said...

I'm glad you like it!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I have wonderful visions of you running around the yard, streamers flapping in the wind. Run free CurlyPops, run free.

See you tomorrow!
Cathy

Bec said...

Those streamers are awesome!!!! I definitely would not have been able to resist running around with them - probably doing some flashdance moves :P

bec said...

Haha, love Tinniegirl's comment! Yep, would have had to do it too. was thinking of you today, went to The Lighthouse, thought I'd walked into a church! Then found some nice pillowslips at the back, and shopped under the loud rain on the roof. Check out Salvo's Hoppers ASAP, they have Metallicus long sleeve tops, $90 down to $6, great for winter under t shirts etc. May go back tomorrow.....

Michelle said...

oh i love the hand ribbons, just a little twirl around the courtyard wouldn't hurt...you can always say you had to test then out for strength and durability...

Georgie Love said...

Seriously don't know how you resisted the urge. Your're a stronger woman than I, Curly.