Saturday, April 25, 2009

The shorter one

The ideas woman has been encouraging me to make a shorter styled handbag for quite a while now........ and I finally got around to it!

It's the same design as this one but with a shorter bottom section.
I used a panel of lovely Hollabee fabric that I bought way back in June last year, teamed with some thrifted brown velour type fabric, so it's lovely and soft and snuggly. The perfect winter handbag.

The interior is a vintage pilowcase that I received from Cass. The muted colours work perfectly together.

I think there'll be more of these to come....



16 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

You are a bag making machine! Love this one, especially the surprise inside!

Miss Muggins said...

Also, loved the piece about The Toy Society in the latest Patchwork and Stitching Mag.

Sarah said...

It's beautiful! I love the autumny/wintery fabrics! I quite like the shorter bags myself so this is a great idea.

PaisleyJade said...

Very nice!

Jemma. said...

Love the panel. Where'd you get your CurlyPops labels?

Rebecca Jones said...

Great bag! Love the fabric you used for the lining too.

Holly said...

Really just gorgeous! And I'm very picky about bags.

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Lovely style - I like the shorter bags myself! The fabric choices are perfect.

teddybearswednesday said...

It's gorgeous! You really are soo talented.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's a great shaped bag! Love teh fabric combo on it too.

Unknown said...

It's great and yes perfect for Winter .

Michelle said...

oh cam this is so nice...not only is the outside stunning but the inside is just as gorgeous...
loving the new look bag...
love the vintage!!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It looks great Cam. Nice work. Hope you are having a productive busy weekend.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Me LIKEY! Beautiful, as usual.

JasperBoy said...

How can I say this is "Definitely your best bag ever!!" when I only just said it two bags ago???

Super impressive.

Jen in Melbourne

Elizabeth said...

love the green leaf panel! that looks like a wonderful and useful and pretty bag!