Sunday, October 5, 2008

This is....my favourite kitchen gadget


Sharon has picked a great one this week....I've wandered around the kitchen and had a think about it. I was thinking that the food processor might be my favourite. I can mix a cake batter in it, grate vegetables to hide in other foods (yes I have to hide the vegies for myself or I won't eat them), it can mince things up to a pulp, and I can throw it all in the dishwasher at the end.

But then I had a think about the most essential thing that happens in my kitchen on a daily basis....drinking coffee. I have this whizz bang machine on the bench but I'm usually too lazy to actually use it.....


So, the hands down winner for me is the humble coffee plunger. Single cup size when it's just for me, multi-cup size for when I have company...along with my favourite coffee...Vittoria Espresso.

It means I can make good coffee in a flash...and that's a great thing!

For more players, head on over and visit Angela....and a huge thanks to Sharon for being a fabulouso fill in hostess.



12 comments:

Taccolina said...

Mmm... coffee just might be a theme for this gal, too! Nothing happens without it.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Well how appropriate. Here I am for a coffee and your talking coffee already. Perfect.

ThePeachTree said...

More than a stove. More than an oven. I long for counter space to hold all of the kitchen gadgets my little heart desires :)

Liesl said...

I love my food processor too. I'm particularly taken with any baked item (scones, cakes, etc) you can prepare in it. I'm very impressed that you manage to hide veggies from yourself!!!

The Essess said...

I dont want to see the vegies either!!!

Michelle said...

Oh coffee! How I want to love thee again!

Michelle said...

I'm with you on the coffee plunger - Grinders Coffee is my fave. Delicious!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh.. it looks like the coffee gadgets are a few people's favourites. I love the smell of coffee, but for some reason, have never been able to acquire the taste for it. I can understand the need for it, it's how I feel about a perfectly brewed cup of tea.

Nathalanes Place said...

Coffee for me too, got have it. Amongst my favorite gadgets too, coffee machine..

Drewzel said...

Mmmm coffee! I almost put down my kettle and tea pot for my fave kitchen tool...they VERY important!

Lindsay said...

Mmmm....what a beauty! Coffee is definitely something we shouldn't take lightly! :-)

Gingham Skies said...

I would die for your fancy coffee maker - those machines make one fabulous latte. Okay "die" might be a bit strong but I would definitely poke myself in the eye to earn one of those puppies.