Friday, October 3, 2008

Blogtoberfest - Day 3

Yippee! Flossy-P has created a button for all of us Blogtoberfesters...head on over here to get the code....

Inspired by the ever fabulous Potttymouthmama, here is the extent of my german language knowledge (picked up during one term of german lessons in year 7...a very looooong time ago).

Ich habe un bruder & zwei schwestern
OK, so the spelling is probably completely out the window and I'm sure the ampersand isn't actually german, but it should mean:
I have one brother and two sisters
Three whole months of german language torture and that's all I ended up with!
Thanks Cathy for bringin back such lovely memories....


6 comments:

flossy-p said...

Hey! Thanks for using the button! (and for the call out) :D

The only German I remember from school is the word "ellenbogan", the German word for "elbow" heeee

...Actually I just went to a translator to try and get the spelling right and elbow came back as "Winkelstück"!! What the hell??!!! All these years I thought I knew 1 German word. Well now I just feel cheated.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

You have lots more German than me!

JustJess said...

Spelling aside, my only German is ich muss ein katoffersalad haben. I must have potato salad... Kinda useful at a bbq?!

Sasparilla Sue said...

Hee Hee that's hilarious! One of the few words I remember is Kartoffelsalat - potato salad- and I took a total of 5 years...sad.

Thanks for the kind well wishes on my blog. My head is feeling much better.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I am IMPRESSED!! You know good German. I am the pits!

Thanks for the hook up Cam!

Bird Bath said...

I think we used the same text book that's about all I remember from German Class...