Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tooth no hurty no more

Sweet Tooth originally uplaoded by *ollie strutt

Well I made it to the endodontist thisafternoon, and thankfully, once he had a look and took an x-ray, he decided that he could save my tooth!

So that means that he has to remove the old root canal and start over. After four days with a toothache and hardly any sleep, I didn't particularly care what happened as long as it stopped aching.

So today, he drilled a hole up the back of the tooth, cleaned it out, filled it with anti-bacterial goop, and then put a temporary filling in to hold it in place and charged me $800 for the pleasure of his service (why didn't I become a bloody dentist).

I was going to stop off at SL and treat myself to some new pins and some new knitting needles on the way home, but my nose and mouth were still numb, and I couldn't really speak properly so I decided against it. Instead, I came home, made myself a lukewarm cup of tea (just so I didn't burn myself) and curled up on the couch ready to watch Selling Houses Australia and Property Ladder that I IQ'd lastnight, only to realise that I was going to spill it right down my front because I still couldn't feel my lip. Luckily, I keep straws in the cupboard for the kiddies.....and so I sat on the couch and drank my cup of tea......through a straw...it was heaven!

18 comments:

Bec said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear your pain is over!!!! And that you get to keep your tooth! You sound very brave - even the term 'root canal' has me shaking in my shoes. I don't know how I'll cope when I eventually have to have my wisdom teeth out....eeekkkk!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, our lives are cosmically in synch! Mr greenolive has had tooth trouble and we are waiting for the swelling to go down before the dentist takes action.
And, we got foxtel again yesterday and I watched selling houses Australia (I loved the presenter when he did the old UK series) and Property ladder (I love how she tries to stop their renos going off the rails!)
Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Sherrin said...

So glad you got your tooth seen to. You must be feeling so much better. I love the image of you drinking your luke warm tea through a straw. Sounds like a fluffy pink slipper moment!

Kirsty said...

I'm so glad you got the tooth sorted - even if it was a bit on the pricey side.

zoesquid said...

Glad your feeling better Cam & happy you liked your PIF treats. Cheers
Libby

Maureen Reynolds said...

Oh I know that drooly stage post tooth work. Glad to hear the physical pain has passed, even if the financial part is still real. Nice to have presents to ease the strain.

Michelle said...

Oh good, pain's gone away and you still have your tooth! Even managed a lovely cup of tea with a numb mouth, well done! IQ is the best, isn't it!

Crafty Things said...

Glad that your tooth is no longer hurting and that it could be saved - pricey or not it is nice to keep the tooth.

Christie said...

glad you are on the mend

I was at SL today, it was nice & quiet...

JustJess said...

So glad the pain has gone - you poor thing. You have had a hugely busy week - tv and tea sound like a perfect remedy.

Jodie said...

tooth pain is just the worst - I am so glad that it has stopped hurting and I guess at least $800 is better than thousands !

Belinda said...

Great to hear you are on the mend and your tooth is going to make it - Spotlight can wait till you are well enough to fully appreciate the visit ;)

Jenaveve said...

Hey Cam - that's great news! Didn't have to go down the whole implant road - Yay!! I'd be treating myself to SL as soon as you can feel your lip again!

Corrie said...

oh my gosh! I have an implant but mine is my very front tooth on the top so I could justify spending the huge fortune on getting it done and most people don't notice I have one! I had to have a plate till the implant settled in and that wasn't too great either because i looked like a witch when I took it out!
Glad they could save your tooth and hope you're eating ice cream and nice stuff

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm so glad you got some relief! Sorry about the bill though! Dentist's bills are nasty! I've never understood why they're so much more than doctors.

Love the image of you drinking your tea through a straw ;)

Ruth said...

Yay that you got to keep your tooth... and yay for tea through a straw... boo to the $800 though!

SadieandLance said...

OH my gawd please stop it my mouth is aching just reading this!! Glad you're mended now and while $800 is big biccies at least it's not $5k!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Drinking your tea through a straw is too funny. Glad the pain is over. 800 bucks isn't too pleasant.