Sunday, June 29, 2008

This is........my favourite op shop find

Thanks to Liz for this weeks theme.....it was really difficult to limit it to picking just one thing!

I bought these chairs from the Salvos in Deer Park in 1997 for $5 each. I've had many op-shop chairs come and go from my house over the years but these ones have stayed with me for a very long time......

We now have a one in, one out rule......if I bring home a chair, then I have to get rid of a chair. Only two people live in my house but I have seating for at least twenty five inside and another fourteen outside!

Head on over to Angela's blog to check who else is playing along....

10 comments:

Kirsty said...

They are great Cam & one can never have enough seating. You never know when 23 of your closest friends might pop over for afternoon tea.

Belinda said...

Very funky - I agree with Kirsty - nothing like being prepared!

Bird Bath said...

hehe...what is it about chairs? I find them hard to resist too. They look like a comfy pair :)

Anonymous said...

Only $5 each! That's such a bargain!

mill said...

Holy jeebs, that is a lot of chairs! But $5 each is such a bargain...who could walk away from that, really!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh, chairs! We have two people living in this apartment and a total of.... wait for it... one chair! The only reason I had an excuse for a chair was that I needed one to sit on to sew (even though my first Japanese machine didn't have a foot pedal - boy was that a shock!). Ahhh.. that's living in Japan for you ;)

Michelle said...

Can't have too many chairs, shoes or too much fabric, I say!!!

Beth said...

It seems like you have a thing for chairs!! Although I can understand having a chair collection. They're very functional.

flossy-p said...

I can see why these ones have stuck around! They're very cool.

Bronwyn said...

I SO get you about having just one (or two) more chairs around - maybe its because chairs have such history embedded in them (all those bottoms!)