Friday, May 16, 2008

Potato Fritters


I had lunch with a lovely friend on Tuesday at the Pancake Parlour.
We were discussing pancakes and she told me about this fantastically simple recipe for little potato fritters, so of course I had to try it!
Here's what I did......
Grate 1 large potato, leave it sit for a while and then drain the juice.
Add 1 beaten egg and mix. Add enough plain flour to make it into a porridge consistency.
Add pepper and salt to taste.
Shallow fry until golden brown.
I served them with a grilled porterhouse and green vegies for dinner.
The great thing is that the recipe is so simple, you could add virtually anything you want.....fresh herbs from the garden, some grated carrot or onion etc....

6 comments:

JustJess said...

Y. U. M. Sprinkle with salt and a splodge of sour cream! Grated cheese?! YUM! Just what I need to satisfy the carb cravings!

Reenie said...

Oooh.. These look great, I'm going to try them.. And add some fresh rosemary. Because it's the Law (well, Serena's law anyway) that potatos and rosemary MUST be served together.

Thanks also for the heads up re another ugly Melbourne house... I'm going to go for a drive next week to see it..

Michelle said...

Delicious, I'll give them a go! And I loooooove the Pankcake Parlour, the crepe escape is my fave followed by the short stack with chocolate sauce, ice cream and hundreds and thousands (its on the kids menu!!).

Anastasia said...

im currently following a yeast free food plan and make these too but I add oatbran instead of flour and i also added grated onion! really good!!

Danielle said...

yum yum YUM! i'm a sucker for potato recipes

Jennie said...

Just cooked these for our tea! A hit with the toddler.