Thursday, April 10, 2008

Buzzy, Blankies & Softies

The Buzzy bag was finished off lastnight. I threaded some ribbon through the top pocket and made some fabric pulls for the ends so that the ribbon doesn't fray. I also sewed the ribbon inside the pocket at one side so that little people can't pull the ribbon all the way out (I learned that lesson after giving gifts in drawstring bags last christmas).


Thismorning I cut up fabric for nine more blankies for the twins. I just need to make some more bias tape and attach it to finish these off!

I had to babysit my nephew Moo Moo today so I didn't want to get out any sewing supplies while he was here. We did manage to sing and dance to the Wiggles (I had it on in rotation and I still have Hoop De Doo playing in my head), and we had a little picnic on the rug in the front yard with ginger nut and choc chip biccies. I did actually feed him real food for lunch first!


I've seen lots of cute little things in blogland over the last couple of days. Firstly 'Softies for Mirabel' is back again this year over at Meet Me at Mikes. I missed out last year because I was just lurking but I'm going to get into the swing of it this year.

I saw this cute little book weight over on A Spoonful of Sugar. I was making a banana cake last weekend and my recipe book kept flipping shut so this would be perfect!

And I finally managed to send off my last pay it forward gift all the way to New Zealand to Sew Funky.

I've found lots more cool blogs over the last couple of weeks so I really need to update my side bar, maybe I'll save that job for the weekend!

Oh and last but not least, an update on the ladder (that is still sitting in the front garden bed), Mr CurlyPops likes the idea of installing it somehow in the laundry to use for clothes drying (thankyou Drewzel). This is a great idea because it will be much more environmentally (and financially) friendly during the winter instead of using the tumble dryer. The house where we stayed in Bellbrae over the Christmas holidays had really high ceilings and they had a clothes drying rack in the loungeroom that worked on a rope and pulleys system so you let it down to hang the clothes and then raise it up out of the way until they dry. It was really cool, but I only have 7 foot ceilings so that isnt really going to work.

I wish I had a huge craft room so I could also use a bit to hang gorgeous fabrics for inspiration (I can dream can't I)! One day!

8 comments:

Jodie said...

I am in awe of your fabric pulls- what a great idea. I am always trying to fussily hand sew the edges over on ribbon. Man you are seriously good!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love your softies on the window sill, they look really cute! The Buzzy bag turned out really well- the birthday superhero is going to love it.

Crafty Things said...

The bag looks great and what a terrific idea to add the fabric pulls to stop the ribbon fraying. I wish I had space somewhere to have a hanging rack for clothes suspended from the ceiling - think of all that lovely heat that hangs around up there which could be drying my clothes.

Jodie said...

OMG!!!! I have bought both of those froggy flannels... How funny is that, great minds really do think alike.. LOL!!

Jodie :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

You are a crafty machine. All that fabulous crafty goodness is just what a girl needs to be seeing on a Friday afternoon.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, my son would love that Buzz bag : ) Hey check out my blog here to win some great stuff...http://bonnielouvintage.blogspot.com/ and if you post about it on your blog I will give you triple entries : ) Fun Stuff!!

Michelle said...

Great idea about the fabric pulls, really clever!

Danielle said...

I am so impressed with your turn around time on finishing projects!! I'm trying to not fall in the habit of having un-finished "business" lurking around... I shall try my darndest to follow your example... I think I can... I think I can...