Thursday, January 31, 2008

Incomings & Outgoings

I received a big box of snaps in the mail yesterday from here..... so now I can finish off a couple of works in progress....


.....and I sent off my package today to here.....


In other news, one of my nephews is turning 1 on Saturday. So to mark the big occassion, I thought I would make him a big boys blankie. The front is just patchwork using some camouflage drill, some light denim, some stripey cotton and some navy and white gingham...


He loves the Wiggles and I just happened to find some Wiggles polar fleece in the remnants bin at Spotlight on the weekend - so I used it for the backing fabric (I know it looks a bit pinky in the photo but that's just my bad photography - it's actually purple).


We are having an afternoon tea birthday party on Saturday so my job tomorrow is to make chocolate crackles, lemon slice, chocolate rum balls (some with, some without rum), and caramel gingernuts. Yum, can't wait to do the taste testing afterwards!

One last work in progress project that I finished today - another collar for my sisters dog. This one's for some nightime glamour or a special occassion that she might attend. She might even be able to model it at the birthday party.




I sewed a piece of felt on the inside so that it would be comfy and it now has a lovely snap to complete it.

No comments: